Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Foundations of Project Management Workshop
|A former member||
Last year, I helped facilitate a Welfare CSM course in Atlanta. Next month, I would like to offer a similarly structured course for Project Management. If you're interested, please read on.
Foundations of Project Management
Best Practices to Make You More Marketable in Today’s Economy
Instructor: Michael Trimble, PMP, SSBB
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Earn 8 PDUs!
This one-day accelerated workshop covers the most valuable Project Management tools and techniques typically included in a three-day course. In addition to being one of the fastest growing professions today, Project Management is a highly desired skill set regardless of your work history, job title, industry affiliation or career path. Employers need people who can successfully manage projects assigned to them, and be productive members of project teams, even if you’re not a Project Manager by job title. The knowledge and skills gained in this workshop will allow you to stand out from the numerous job applicants competing for the same job. Since this is a hands-on workshop, you’ll leave having actually used today’s most popular project management tools. This allows you to honestly list them on your resume and answer any directly related job interview questions. Each of the globally recognized best practices to be covered are included in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), as published by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in more than 10 languages.
Career Renewal’s purpose is to provide high quality, affordable training that helps people in career transition obtain their next job opportunity.
Who Should Attend?
Since Project Management is both a skill and a profession, this workshop is ideal for:
• Past and future Project Managers, Leaders, Coordinators, and Administrators
• Functional leaders, department heads, executives, and administrative assistants
• Individuals assigned projects even if they’re not a Project Manager by job title
• Project team members, stakeholders, and sponsors even if they have little or no prior knowledge of project management concepts
• Anyone seeking the knowledge needed before attempting to learn and/or use a project scheduling software tool such as Microsoft Project
• Those interested in obtaining a basic overview of what’s covered in a Project Management essentials course without having to spend $800 to $1200 or more
• Individuals who, have the necessary work experience but, need additional contact education hours in order to take PMI’s PMP or CAPM certification exam
What You Will Receive:
• The essential tools needed to successfully plan and execute any size project
• A highly desired skill set to make you more marketable in today’s economy
• The basic knowledge needed prior to learning and/or using MS Project
• List of key words to include on your resume and job interview tips
• Certificate of Completion from Career Renewal
This workshop follows the life cycle of a typical project:
1. Introduction and Project Charter
2. Scope Definition and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
3. Project Scheduling (Network Diagram and Gantt Chart)
4. Estimating Project Resources, Durations, and Costs
5. An Overview of Project Risk Management
6. Executing, Monitoring and Controlling Projects
7. Integration and Closing Down the Project
8. Resume and Other Job Search Tips
Since people in career transition are often hesitant about spending $800 to $1200 or more for a typical Project Management course, Career Renewal is offering this one day workshop for $249!
For more information and/or to register, please visit http://sites.google.c...
If you have any questions, please contact George Welch or David Wadsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org