Join us for our PMI-ACP(sm) Exam prep series. We will meet online
- http://join.me/agiledimensions. You can use phone or voice over IP or text chat. From there we will head over to Sococo
- Sococo - Agile Leader Hall 1
- Please note the timezone - 5:45 pm Pacific, 8:45pm Eastern, Next day in Asia.
- Slides and notes for class are organized in google docs folders. Contact Bill for help with access. PDF can be found in our meetup files section.
In our last session we reviewed user stories and used our persona and stakeholder PIPE people to create stories for our course project - the library of the future.
In this session we will introduce Agile project management and focus on prioritization, estimation, and release planning. This group of modules on project management will feature Scrum, but will also touching on Kanban. We will mention how it ties in to portfolio management with concepts such as Dean Leffingwell's Scaled Agile Framework and Scott Ambler's Disciplined Agile Delivery. Our labs will learn by doing:
a) We will prioritize and estimate
b) We will plan our release and first sprint
c) We will monitor progress with big visible indicators
d) We will gather feedback and iterate.
When we're doing you'll have both knowledge and practice in DOING agile project management, and will also produce a useful Agile Library.
Future module groups will address Agile quality and Leadership.
- 1st 10 mins - Warm up - Summary of learning so far
- 60 minutes - cover material for this unit - Lection & Lab
- Last 5 minutes - Closing - Plans for next few weeks
Checkout our schedule of 16 sessions on our Syllabus. If you miss one but still need the credit hours you can attend Agile Witness News (tm) episodes for makeup hours.
Sessions will cover: all 6 Domains covered by the PMI-ACP(sm) Exam with sections such as
- Mindset, Stakeholder Involvement, Value-Drive Adaptive Planning, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
When you are done you will
- Know how to do project management better in your job
- Have hours you need to apply for your PMI-ACP(sm) exam
- 'Class B' PDUs to maintain your PMP or PMI-ACP
- 'Class C' SEUs to apply up to 15 hours out of 60 to your CSP
- Follow the ICAgile professional syllabus
- Experience with tools for distributed teams
See our Syllabus for how to claim your PDUs.
We will also remind each other to fill out any forms needed for our applications. Finally, we will produce some offline material for our colleagues who cannot make it to the live session.
The price is free, but we take modest donations 3 times a year. We welcome sponsorship for $48 USD per month.
Roles in the Study group include :
- Learner - engaged, does homework, seeks credits or certifications
- Mentor - A volunteer teacher who may have Agile skills and wants to practice helping others
- Facilitator - A guide that helps facilitate the meeting and venue technology
- Admin - Someone who organizes the program and arch of the classes (Bill)
- Observer - Someone who simply wants to watch quietly - which is fine!
Experts and Novices are all welcome. See ya online!