Hello local agile leaders,
Yvonne Kish and I are polling the local agile community to see if there is interest in forming another agile group that is focused more towards agile leadership oriented topics & challenges.
There’s a national organization call the Agile Leadership Network
and we’d be looking to forming a local group that is loosely aligned with that organization as well as AgileRTP. We are NOT looking to replace AgileRTP in any way, but to augment it’s wonderful focus on Agile in central North Carolina.
Right now our vision would be for a smaller group that is composed more of leadership-centric folks—VP’s, Directors, Managers, Team Leads, and Project Managers & Scrum Masters, who are looking to understand more about agile and how to effectively sponsor and drive agile adoption.
We’d be looking to meet periodically, and share lessons via both formal presentations and round-table or open space experience sharing sessions. The meetings would probably be monthly and initially we might ‘rotate’ the locations across Durham, RTP, and Raleigh to see if location specifics drive attendance.
The group would be focused towards collaboration and sharing—so everyone would get the chance to share, no matter their experience level.
At the moment, we’re simply polling for interest—
- Would you be interested in helping to lead the formation and chartering of such a group?
- Would you be interested in participating?
- What sorts of topics do you think would be good starters?
- What would be the most effective meeting time or frequency?
- Any ideas on specific locations for meetings?
- Any ideas on when to begin—January 2012?
The only two things I think we’re fixed on at the moment is the leadership-focused nature of the group and the collaborative aspects. Everything else is open for discussion and adaptation.
Thanks for your time,
Yvonne & Bob
Please send all replies to both Bob & Yvonne. We’re leading the initial interest inquiry…
BTW: Not trying to steer things too much, but I could envision the following topics being of interest to this group—
- Agile coaching – downward towards teams, upwards & outwards towards the organization
- How to continue to inspire Continuous Improvement in the long term
- Aspects of the Agile Center of Excellence
- Organizational agile assessments – criteria, goals, and measurement
- Effective Agile Metrics
- Handling challenges in Larger-Scale and Distributed agile organizations
- Agile in the “Real World” – what to modify, what to hold onto?
- Leading Self-Directed Teams
- The Agile PMO
- Enterprise - Agile Dashboards & Information Radiators…Oh My!
- Organizational change – Patterns & Techniques
- The place for tooling; Selecting Enterprise Tools
- The place for Certification; General agile training – strategies & tactics
- Do you need a Coach? What sort of Coach?
- Kanban in the Enterprise
- Determining agile maturity; Achieving the Hype-Productive State
- What do we mean by implement Lean at the Enterprise?
- Tours of local “agile shops” – reinforcing our community
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Bob Galen ([address removed]) from Agile RTP (ARTp).
To learn more about Bob Galen, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]