We meet almost every second and fourth Sundays every month to discuss AI topics such as:
- Symbolic and SubSymbolic Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life, and Artificial Intuition
- Complexity theory, Model theory, Model Free Methods
- Semantic Web, Ontology based systems
- Robotics and Robot Ethics
- Linguistics, Document understanding, and Semantics
- Evolutionary Computation - GA and GP
- Computer Consciousness, Novelty, and Creativity
- Neuroscience, Connectome Algorithms
- Human Learning, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Epistemology, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science, Reductionism and Holism
- AI, Singularity, nanoTechnology, and the future
Our meetings typically consist of a roughly one hour presentation followed by another hour of discussion on any AI-related topic. We try to mix discussions of the latest relevant ideas with tutorials on AI and Philosophy fundamentals at a level accessible to everyone.
Several MeetUps have been video recorded with the intent to publish them on the web. Some are now available at http://videos.syntience.com and more will be added as they get through postproduction. We are webcasting some MeetUps live at http://ustream.tv/channel/ai-meetup and some of these webcasts are archived and available at the webcast site.
Explore and discuss Artificial Intelligence
September 23, 2012 · 12:00 PM
Lex Ricketts: Three AI Questions
Our own Lex Ricketts has been pondering AI issues for decades. There are certainly many to choose from. He has chosen three questions that he has grappled with for us to... Learn more
May 13, 2012 · 12:00 PM
Some Questions Answered
The title "All questions answered" was a seminar title sometimes used by Don Knuth while at Stanford and occasionally in other contexts. I like the title but I'll use... Learn more
April 8, 2012 · 12:00 PM
Bring a Question
I'll show a few short videos for starters and we'll discuss those for a while.
The majority of time we'll discuss questions by the participants. If you feel up for it,... Learn more
March 25, 2012 · 12:00 PM
Augustus Bacigalupi: Synthetic Cognition
Augustus Bacigalupi will introduce his project of Synthetic Cognition. This project will create a self-adaptive system capable of assimilating and integrating complex... Learn more
March 11, 2012 · 12:00 PM
Anne Ogborn: Game AI
Game AI is an often undervalued application area of AI, with some special techniques.
Besides being an important part of a global $65 billion business, Game AI is a... Learn more