Hello! I'm that crazy guy that was letting people throw trucks with their minds. If you'd like to know more, check out the Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1... And if you'd like to help, please share it with everyone.
Check out this new NeuroGaming meet up in SF. Next Thursday March 7 we'll have Richard Warp a neuromusic composer throwing sound with him mind and a good discussion on it's potential use in gaming. http://www.meetup.com/NeuroGaming/eve...
We meet almost every second and fourth Sundays every month to discuss AI topics such as:
- Symbolic and SubSymbolic Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life, and Artificial Intuition
- Complexity theory, Model theory, Model Free Methods
- Semantic Web, Ontology based systems
- Robotics and Robot Ethics
- Linguistics, Document understanding, and Semantics
- Evolutionary Computation - GA and GP
- Computer Consciousness, Novelty, and Creativity
- Neuroscience, Connectome Algorithms
- Human Learning, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Epistemology, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science, Reductionism and Holism
- AI, Singularity, nanoTechnology, and the future
Our meetings typically consist of a roughly one hour presentation followed by another hour of discussion on any AI-related topic. We try to mix discussions of the latest relevant ideas with tutorials on AI and Philosophy fundamentals at a level accessible to everyone.
Several MeetUps have been video recorded with the intent to publish them on the web. Some are now available at http://videos.syntience.com and more will be added as they get through postproduction. We are webcasting some MeetUps live at http://ustream.tv/channel/ai-meetup and some of these webcasts are archived and available at the webcast site.