Please note the new location!
This is our regularly scheduled social euchre night. We usually start play around 7:00 pm and wrap up at 9:45 pm. We are holding this one at Rosemary's (see above for information). For those new or haven't been in awhile, here is some basic information about our meetup:
1. If you are new to the game and don't know the rules, please do not sign-up on the website. Email me to let me know that you want to learn to play. We count on having 4 people who can play the game at a table. We absolutely love teaching the game, but we will go through the game, have you watch, and then coach you through. This means that I can't be at another table.
2. We have a number of casual games going on all night. We also play stick the dealer (ask if you don't know this variation).
3. If your first name begins with the letters A-J, then you are on tap to bring snacks this month. Everyone should bring a beverage to share.
4. Euchre is a 4 person game--yes, I know there are 3 person variations, but most people prefer the 4 person game. What this means is that if you sign-up, we are counting on you to be there. If this month is like the previous months, we will have a wait list. Please be considerate and make your final decision as soon as possible. The deadline for RSVP is 2 days prior to the meet-up. Please update by that time, especially if you are going to cancel your RSVP. This allows me some time to try and fill out the tables. Of course, I understand that you may get sick on the day. We are happy to have you stay home if you get sick. Otherwise, come play. A good evening of food, drink, cards, and friendship may be all that you need to be more productive the next day. Thanks!!
5. If you have never been, we are a friendly group and welcome everyone to come. Very few people come with a friend or spouse. What this means is that it will not be awkward to arrive alone. It is better than a happy hour because it is easy to make conversation about cards. You don't have to even ask the dreaded "what do you do?" question. If you come three times, you are a regular.
6. There are some costs associated with meetup--I have to pay Meetup every 6 months for listing on their website. They don't work off of advertising fees. We pass the bowl around and ask people to throw a $1 in each time they come.