Come join our friends from Adventurous Foodies meetup this month at Yakitori Boy!
Have you ever had an amazing Japanese meal that's not sushi or teriyaki? If not then here's your chance because we're going to do away with the regular old sushi and teriyaki for this meal! Yakitori boy has some of the best and largest selection of Japanese food around. Yakitori is their specialty. Not sure what Yakitori is? Well, its simply Japanese style kabobs! As simple as it sounds Yakitori promises to be one of the tastiest things you'll ever have on a stick! That's not all we're having though. I've made a selection of some of their tastiest dishes and we're going to try them all!
I'm a regular here because I love the food and atmosphere and because I love to sing! I will be creating a special family style tasting menu for this dinner. We'll be sitting on the second floor lounge so there will be karaoke available too! It's going to be a great time!
Here's what we'll be having (dinner limited to 16 people - $35 a person):
1) Hama Sui. Clam and dashi based clear soup. Enoki mushrooms and scallion
2) Seaweed salad. Seaweed, vinegar, seame seeds, and mirin
3) Ika Yaki. Grilled whole squid. Topped with soy sake
4) Tako Yaki. Tempuraed octopus topped with seaweed powder and mayo, sided by katsu sauce
5) Yakitori Don. Grilled boneless chicken thigh over bowl of white rice. Topped with yakitori sauce and garnished with broccoli
6) Una Don. Grilled eel over sushi rice and topped with kabayaki sauce
7) Ika Geso Kara Age. Tempured squid legs, sprinkled salt and pepper, sided by spicy mayo
8) Tatsuta Age. Tempuraed marinated chicken thigh sided by spicy mayo
9) Yakitori Selection: I will choose a set from a wide range of their yakitori sticks for everyone to sample.
Karubi (Short Rib). House yakitori sauce, salt, and pepper
Rib Eye. House yakitori sauce, salt, and pepper
Egg Plant. Soy
Chicken Meatball. Salt, pepper, soy, and sake
Chicken Liver. House yakitori sauce
Chicken. Salt and house yakitori sauce
Chicken Gizzard. Salt and pepper
Chicken Heart. Salt, pepper, and soy
Pork Belly. Salt, pepper, and soy
Corn. Soy and butter
Bacon & Quail Egg. Pepper and soy
Salmon & Scallion. House yakitori sauce, salt, and pepper