This month we're going to dig into web graphics, looking at a few different areas:
• We won't cover legalities; that's a whole meetup by itself. In short, if you didn't take it, make it, or buy it, don't use it.
• Finding the right size to make your images. Many WordPress themes and plugins will accept images at virtually any size, but they'll only look correct at a very specific size.
• Understanding Pantone, and the difference between cmyk, rgb, hex, etc.
• Properly resizing images (in Photoshop and also in another tool or two)
• Converting between file types and when to use different ones. png vs jpg, when to use a gif, what is an eps, etc.
• How to use dpi settings when going from print to web (and back again)
• Finding, purchasing and editing stock photography.
• Of course, we'll dig into any other graphic-related questions and topics that come up.
As always, this is a discussion, so please come prepared to share your questions and ideas regarding this topic, as well as any other WordPress questions you might have. The cost of the Meetup covers our cost for the meeting space, but you're welcome to pay at the door. However, please RSVP so we can save a space for you.
We'll have a 20-30 minute discussion of the monthly topic, after which we'll learn from each other and help troubleshoot our collective problems. Be sure to bring your laptop if possible, and you're welcome to bring your lunch if you'd like.
See you then!