All About Business a Consortium of Women Entrepreneurs Message Board › Really people....MEETING CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really people....MEETING CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chanda Tracy L.
CLight
Group Organizer
Marietta, GA
We are forced to cancel February's meeting - this is the first month where we have made it a requirement to pay a $5.00 RSVP fee in order to cut down on the high percentage of people who rsvp and not show up.  It is amazing when there was no restriction how quickly the rsvp list fills up and we have a waiting list -

I can't express my mere disappointment and frustration of having to cancel this meeting at the last minute due to poor participation- there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to prepare for these ONCE PER MONTH meetings not to mention booking the private room at the restaurant and having a dedicated server assigned just to us.  If $5.00 will keep you away from attending a meeting then I'm not sure this is a group of entrepreneurs ---

If you are one of the faithful ones who do truly support AAB please disregard this message but can someone please help me understand how ONLY 5 people out of a roster of 819 members have an interest in this group.  I'm at a loss for words......

AAB has been in existence since 2005 - we WILL NOT QUIT - we have a mission and a vision to build a strong group of entrepreneurial women who have a heart to really help and empower one another.

We will have to make some assessments to see how we will proceed moving forward, I would love any suggestions or advice on where to go from here.

Once again we are sorry to cancel the meeting at the last minute but I cannot occupy this restaurant's space for 5 people -

More information to follow...............

AAB
A former member
Post #: 3
Very disappointed that this message did not come until 1:07am Saturday morning! I drove 40 minutes to a meeting that was canceled. Not to mention that I drove around for 30 minutes trying to find an address that did not exist. Is this how all the meetings will be conducted? I will expect a refund of the fee paid. Thank you.

C.Gugin
A former member
Post #: 4
Very disappointed that this message did not come until 1:07am Saturday morning! I drove 40 minutes to a meeting that was canceled. Not to mention that I drove around for 30 minutes trying to find an address that did not exist. Is this how all the meetings will be conducted? I will expect a refund of the fee paid. Thank you.

C.Gugin
A former member
Post #: 11
I am sorry to hear that the meeting was canceled and this can be frustrating with planning. I am interested in attending an event, however, I prefer a central location within Metro Atlanta. Will all events be held so far away outside of the perimeter? Maybe time and locations play a large factor.

Jamillah R.
Founder | Soukle
www.soukle.com