The DC Alternative Health Meetup Group Message Board › B A L T I M O R E J U N G W O R K I N G G R O u p

B A L T I M O R E J U N G W O R K I N G G R O u p

Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
Post #: 57
B A L T I M O R E J U N G W O R K I N G G R O u p

Exploring aspects and applications of the ideas of Carl Gustav Jung in a variety of contexts since 1983.

Oct 7, 2012* “Jung and Christianity” Jung struggled with the Christian legacy and forged his own

heterodox re-visioning of the archetypal Christian images, opening their potential for personal meaning and

transformation in a time when faith has failed many. We will attempt an honest critique of Jung's project,

and a discussion of its implications for contemporary seekers.

John Michael Hayes, Ph.D., ABPP, psychologist-psychoanalyst in Baltimore, and Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry,

University of Maryland, he has served on the faculties of the Washington School of Psychiatry, Loyola University, and the

Washington Center for Psychoanalysis.

Nov 4, 2012* “Nietzsche: The Ascetic Ideal” Nietzsche views the ‘ascetic ideal’ as the driving force in

the history of humanity, found in religion, literature, and philosophy. He proposes that it creates aversion to

life, contempt for the world, horror of the senses, denial of will, and fear of happiness and beauty. We

explore his claim that the ascetic ideal is dishonest, being not transcendence, but disgust for existence.

Brendan Feeley, M.A., D.Ay., practicing homeopathy, ayurveda, and vedic astrology in Rockville, MD., with graduate degrees

from Trinity College, University of Dublin, and Pacifica Graduate Institute. His interest in Jung’s depth psychology spans 20 years,

particularly the background material influencing Jung’s work.

Dec 2, 2012* “The Muse” The preternatural, original Muse is Mnemosyne, Goddess of Memory, a river

flowing from the Otherworld of the Unconscious - filled with life sustaining water, as Memory is filled with life

sustaining stories. Old stories beginning “once upon a time” are not fixed by time, but keep this River

flowing through us, in our stories. Bring the stories, poems, and images that fill your spirit, to share.

Bonnie L. Damron, PhD, LCSW, Jungian-oriented psychotherapist in private practice, clinician, cultural anthropologist, artist,

and story teller, she teaches courses in mythology, fairy tales, Shakespeare, Greek Classics, and the writings of C. G. Jung, and

leads contemplative retreats and study tours in Crete

Feb 3, 2013* “W. B.Yeats and A Second Coming” W. B. Yeats, one of the foremost poets of the

Twentieth Century, was steeped in Celtic Mythology, Theosophy, and other Western esoteric philosophical

and mystical traditions. We discuss the poet, his influences and work, beginning with “A Vision”, and ending

with his renowned “A Second Coming,” in relation to ‘What’s going on?’ in our post Mayan calendar era.

Richard Reiches, LCSW-C, member of the Baltimore Jung Working Group steering committee and long time student of Jung

and Transpersonal Psychology.

Mar 3, 2013* “Soul Collage” Soul Collage is an intuitive collage process for individuals and groups,

originated by Seena Frost. a California psychotherapist. Our presenter is a Soul Collage facilitator who will

lead us in an experiential program.

Mary Agnes Twomey, M.Ac., L.Ac., R.N., former psychiatric nurse, Baltimore area acupuncturist, and trained facilitator of Soul

Apr 7, 2013* “Harry Potter: Archetype and Alchemy” J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series (books and

films) are filled with a variety of Jungian elements. Come and explore them. You can dress as your favorite

character if you like. Popcorn will be served.

Paul Mazeroff, Ed.D., Senior Lecturer in Psychology at McDaniel College, and outpatient therapist/Director of Training at

Adams Hanover Counseling Services.

May 5, 2013* “Correspondence and Synchronicity: How the Cosmos Reveals Itself” An exploration

of methods to receive and interpret cosmic insights and guidance, with respect for the unconscious, and our

visible and invisible Helpers. Approaches include the I Ching, the Retrospective Three Coin Method

(RTCM), dreams, and spontaneously arising inner imagery, with experiential demonstrations. You may

email us with a question or issue to be addressed at the workshop at:

Kyra Walsh, B.A. in philopsophy, and student of Jungian thought for 30 years. Founder of The Cosmic Way: Learning-Healing-

Co-creating. She's worked with the I Ching and flower essences since 1985 as a consultant to people in mid-life transitions.

John Kilbourne, M.D., Kyra’s husband, works professionally with language and meaning representation, and has a life long

interest in making sense of things, including inner states, outer reality and where the "there" is.

Free parking is available in the lot on East 20th Street across from the Church to the north.

Program time is 2-5 p.m. All are welcome. A donation of $5.00 is requested at the door to defray program expenses.

Student ID holders are admitted free.

* CEU designated programs. To receive CEU Certificate of Attendance sign in on arrival, fill out a short evaluation after the

program, and submit a $10 check, payable to Vivien Dietz, for provision of your certificate.

Core Group Members

Richard Schreder 410-788-8574 Sue Birch Bannister 410-997-0982 Brendan Feeley 301-424-6644

Val Bigelow 410-666-9452 Paul Mazeroff 410-386-4676 Karina Golden 301-441-8989

Vivien Deitz 301-770-1111 Bonnie Damron 703-538-4289 Richard Reiches 410-486-2796

Email requests: