The DC Alternative Health Meetup Group Message Board › Starting a psych med withdrawal support group?

Starting a psych med withdrawal support group?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I am currently tapering off of all my psych meds due to the devastating side effects they have caused.

Because doctors are clueless about how to taper people safely and because people in this situation feel so alone, I would love to start one of these groups in the DC area. I tried advertising on Craig's list but only received one response and that person never followed up.

Any suggestions on low cost ways of advertising this? I would first get enough people and then look for a meeting place.

Thanks
Oscar
user 3965884
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 2
Hi poster, as a hypnotist, one of the things I have noticed the most is how we think our problems are totally unique. A suggestion for you might be to broaden your scope. Instead of just looking for "psych med withdrawal support" you might want to expand that out.

You might consider things like AA or such and your presence here is also a good indicator.

Best of luck and stay focused on your future/outcome.

Oscar