Announcing a new Meetup for The New York City Alternative Energy Meetup Group!
What: The New York City Alternative Energy November Meetup
When: December 3,[masked]:30 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Hello Everybody,
*** NOTE: We need to change the meeting date to accomodate the main speaker. Also, we've moved up the time to 6:30. See you there.***
Date: WEDNESDAY, December 3, 2008
Time: 6:30 PM
Place: The Reuters Building, 3 Times Square (42nd St & 7th Ave);
First, thanks to the generous efforts of Mathew Varghese, we'll meet in a nice conference room in the Reuters Building. If you have a problem getting through building security, there will be a phone connection from the lobby to the conference room.
You will make it easier if you email me your real name (no net names or handles, please), so I can put it on the roster downstairs. Also, please bring photo ID. Email to [address removed].
(1) Upcoming energy events in December, January, and February you may find interesting.
(2) Energy courses/events in the region;
(3) Latest energy news;
(4) Katherine Hunt-Morr worked as a marine biologist for the Government of Micronesia before joining Thompson Reuters in NYC. In addition to her work as the head of the Reuters Green Team, Katie has consulted for Eco-to-Go, Greenmarkets NYC, and Community Energy.
Katie will discuss:
* the foundation of the NYC Green Team,
* Green Team work inside of Thompson Reuters,
* Green changes inside the building,
* Green Week, and
* future goals;
(5) Walter Elyon, PE will also return with a report on another solar installation. Way to go, Walter.
See you there.
Learn more here:http://alternativeenergy.meetup.com/45/calendar/9050282/