North Texas Alternative Energy & Sustainable Planet Group Message Board › Can anyone help me install my tankless water heater?

Can anyone help me install my tankless water heater?

Yolanda
user 5335293
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Does anyone know how to install a tankless water heater or know a plumber who can offer a reasonable price?
A former member
Post #: 12
Is it gas or electric?
Yolanda
user 5335293
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Gas
Dave P.
aquaponic_dave
Richardson, TX
Post #: 23
When I looked into tankless water heaters awhile back I found out that my gas line had to be larger (1") to make it work, because I also have a gas heating system. They both have to be able to work at the same time, and they both use a lot of gas when they're on. The gas line plumbing was going to be way too expensive, so I dropped the idea.
A former member
Post #: 13
If it was electric you practically have to install/upgrade the panel because of energy usage size,
again, can be expensive.
A former member
Post #: 30
I had never thought of the added cost for upgrading the "supply" lines, electric or gas. Thanks for the great info guys.

So I guess no one answered Yolanda's question yet "know anyone to do the install".
Yolanda
user 5335293
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
These are great answers. I'm actually wanting to install a solar hot water heater. I thought I would start with the tankless backup. I may just have to take a different approach. Thanks!
Yolanda
user 5335293
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
Got a second opinion a few days ago. So far, the cheapest estimate is $1500 and that's just to high. I have an outside unit. I was told that an inside gas unit was easier and cheaper to install. This project is on hold until further notice. :)