The Maryland Sierra Club staff and executive committee invite you to join us on May 18th to celebrate our recent victories and inaugurate our new office! Please RSVP and share the attached flyer.
When Saturday May 18th, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
- Where: 7338 Baltimore Ave, Suite 102 /111
College Park, MD 20740 (green line to College Park metro or parking on Knox Rd behind shopping center)
- Note - Green Line will be out for construction from West Hyattsville, and buses will be provided to College Park and Greenbelt.
- Alternative - Red Line to Rhode Island Avenue stop, then Bus #83 or 86 to College Park, Route 1 at Knox
- For Bicycling routes use Google Maps or call Philo Collins [masked]
- RSVP HERE online, email Laurel Imlay or call [masked]
- Why Celebrate?
1. Celebrate our recent victories! After three years, Sierra Club helped pass the Maryland Offshore Wind Act, mobilizing many volunteers and lobby visits. We help beat back attempts to weaken our stormwater regulations. And much more.
2. Break in the New Office! To be blunt, the office is just too clean. We love our new carpet (made from recycled bottles) and clean walls painted with low-VOC paint. But it just doesn’t feel like home. See the new space, appreciate it, and help us break it in!
3. Socialize and Make New Friends! Meet other Sierra Club volunteers, socialize, learn about our programs, make some friends, and find ways to get involved this summer.
The best way to help is to RSVP, and invite other people.
Dave O'Leary (Chapter Chair), Ron
Henry (Chapter Vice Chair), Baird Straughan (Fundraising Chair), Josh Tulkin (Chapter Director) and Laurel Imlay (Chapter Coordinator)
PS. If you need another reason to come, Chapter Director Josh Tulkin will be bringing his fiancée, parents and future In-laws, who are in town for his graduation. If nothing else, a good turnout will help make him look good to the future in-laws.
Special thanks to the hard work of Richard Reis, Dave O'Leary, David Hauck, Meredith Sweet, David Prosten, Vidal Hines and friends and many others. It’s our duty to spread the joy!