align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Washington DC Alternative Energy Nobel Peace Economics Message Board › New Meetup: Al Gore Phone Calls for Senate Action Mar 15 7pm, MLK Library

New Meetup: Al Gore Phone Calls for Senate Action Mar 15 7pm, MLK Library

Philo C.
philosofr
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Announcing a new Meetup for Washington DC Alternative Energy Nobel Peace Economics!

What: Al Gore Phone Calls for Senate Action Mar 15 7pm, MLK Library

When: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
901 G St NW
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 727-0321

Meetup group at
Martin Luther King Memorial Library -
outside the entrance under the overhang
on Monday March 15 at 7pm, prior to 7:30pm cell phone call
[cell phone reception better outside, no reservations]
convenient to Metro rail of all colors

For the Al Gore phone call RSVP before Sunday March 14 at 9pm go to:
http://cpaf.repoweram...­.
note that you can sign up for the phone call without coming to the meetup, if
you prefer

To join Repower America go to
http://www.repowerame...­.

A special invitation
To: Philo Collins

Dear Philo,

Join thousands of supporters nationwide on Monday.

RSVP to my [Al Gore's] urgent briefing,

Can you join me this Monday, March 15th at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time, for an urgent conversation about passing strong clean energy and climate legislation in 2010?

A bipartisan group of Senators is close to announcing a bill that may be our best hope for kickstarting a clean energy revolution and beginning to solve the climate crisis -- but big oil, big coal and their allies in Congress are kicking into high gear to strip it of any meaning or power.

That's why I'm hosting a live strategy conference call on Monday just for Repower America supporters. You are critical to this fight, so I hope you will join me as I outline our upcoming efforts to push for strong legislation this year -- and discuss how you can get involved and make a difference.

RSVP by the deadline on Sunday at 9pm to join me at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, March 15th for a live conference call about our 2010 Senate strategy.

It's going to take all of us working together to overcome the money and access of the fossil fuel industry and its legions of paid lobbyists who are dead set on holding us back. We did it last week, when people like you who support strong clean energy and climate legislation made literally hundreds of thousands of calls to the Senate.

But the fight is only just beginning. Can I count on you to stand and fight for clean energy at this crucial moment?

Join me and your fellow Repower America supporters this Monday at 7:30 pm ET -- RSVP right now.

The science tells us that we must cut carbon pollution and transition to a clean energy economy as soon as possible -- and gridlock in Washington is an excuse that Mother Nature simply won't accept. It may not be convenient, but we have no choice.

Thank you for being a part of this movement, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Al Gore
Founder
The Climate Protection Action Fund

Of interest locally, especially for bicycle riders downtown.
District DOT To Unveil Bike Lane Plan For Downtown District
March 18 6-8pm Navy Memorial Heriage Center - 701 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Posted by gplivingat March 12, 2010DDOT has announced that it will hold a meeting on March 18 (Thurs), from 6pm – 8pm to unveil its plans to install bike lanes on Penn Ave, 9th St, 15th St, I St, and L St! The meeting will be held at PQ’s very own US Navy Memorial Heritage Center (701 Penn Ave NW).

This is very exciting news for PQ residents that work and/or play in the Central Business District (CBD) and would like to use their bicycle for transportation. Currently, bicyclists have to ride in actual traffic lanes to make that trek because riding a bicycle on the sidewalk in the CBD is against the law.

No doubt this meeting is in response to the large number of comments from DC residents and WABA lobbying for bicycle tracks to be included in the K Street Transitway project. DDOT’s canned response to residents requesting bike lanes on K St was: It should be noted that the District’s Bicycle Master Plan does not designate K Street as a bicycle corridor; rather, bicycle use is promoted on adjacent I and L Streets.

Learn more here:
http://alternativeene...­