After a fun event yesterday evening in the park , the E-Tisch will be returning to the CavaRo Weinbar on Friday evening, 28 June 2013. :-)
And, who knows? Perhaps the weather will be great and then we can spend some more quality time outside in the cozy "Strandkörbchen". :- )
In any event, our friendly CavaRo Bartender, Jascha, will have lots of great wine and beer ready for us, along with yummy Flammkuchen.
Curious? Here are the details:
Time: Friday evening 28 June 2013 starting at 20:00.
Place: "CavaRo Weinbar", Rothenbaumchausee 107 (across from Vapiano) www.hotelamrothenbaum.de
Subway ways: U-Bahn Hallerstraße, Hallerstraße or Hallerstraße. (Please just choose Hallerstraße: it is right across the street! Or take mega-bus 15 or bus 109)
Price of admission: Zero Euros. (No student discounts available.)
Attendance: Between 30 and 100 people. This time probably 70 or so again ... but who knows? :-)
Misc E-Tisch Information
- The following E-Tisch will probably be on Saturday 6 July 2013. Stay tuned for details. :-)
Chapin, Tom, Steffy, Sylvia, Canadian Bob, and David (and lots of international E-Tisch-people!)
An E-Tisch English Writing Lesson:
1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.)
4. Employ the vernacular.
5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
7. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
8. Contractions aren't necessary.
9. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
10. One should never generalize.
(By the way, every suggestion here can, and should, be ignored.) ;-)