addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Association of Americans Resident Overseas (Paris) Message Board › Anyone interested in an earlier meet-up?

Anyone interested in an earlier meet-up?

A former member
Post #: 1
Salut...

I will be in Paris from August 30-Sept 4, 2006. Since I won't be there for the next official meet-up, I was hoping some current members would be interested in an earlier meet-up for coffee or wine. I am looking to expatriate to Paris in the next year or so, and would like to hear first hand about experiences of current US expats. If you are interested in chatting please contact me through the discussion board.

Merci mille fois.
Rosie
A former member
Hey fellow New Yorker,
I'd be more than happy to go out to discuss being an expat here. I'll warn you that I've only been here for a week (to stay here for at least a year), but I'm quickly collecting observations to share.

I'm up for anything. You can email me at meredith.nadler@gmail.com

Safe travels..

A bientôt,
Meredith

Anyone else up for an early meetup next weekend or during those dates after work?
A former member
I would be interested in meeting earlier. I'm trying to visit Vermont to see my wife and son after the 4th so will probably miss the scheduled meeting. Not sure that I would have much to offer in the way of advice since I've only been in Paris for two months, but would love to meet some fellow expats, or future ones and I'd be happy to share any prefecture stories. This coming weekend sounds like a good time.

A bientôt,

Bryan
A former member
Post #: 2
Salut Meredith et Bryan:

Glad you are both interested. I was thinking we could meet up at "Willi's Wine Bar". The link is below if you'd like to check it out. I've contacted them via email to make sure they are open the last week of August/first week Sept since lots of folks take their vacations during this time. Once I hear from them, I'll let you know. As for the date, I was thinking August 31, around 7:00pm. Let me know if the date and time works for you both.

If anyone else in the group is interested in joining us, please let me know by posting on the board. All are welcome!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Á bientôt, Rosie.

http://www.zyworld.co...­
A former member
Post #: 3
Okay, we're set for 7:30pm at Willi's Wine Bar. The link with the address is below. If anyone else wishes to join us, please post your request on the discussion board as soon as possible so I can notify Willi's. The reservation is under the name "Rosie". All are welcome!

Kind Regards,
Rosie

http://www.williswine...­
A former member
Post #: 55
Hi Rosie,

I think this is great that y'all have set this up. I'd love to join you and hope others do, too.

Take care,

Andy Coyne
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi all,

I hope to attend...might be moving into a new apartment that day. If so, then I should be able to make it. If not, I might be leaving Paris. Thanks. Hope to see everyone.

Bryan
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks again to everyone who attended! It was a pleasure to meet and talk with all of you. Please keep in touch and I hope to see you all again, aiming for spring 2007.

Kindest Regards,
Rosie