addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Association of Americans Resident Overseas (Paris) Message Board › I am looking for a position in web, graphic design, assistant, sales, market

I am looking for a position in web, graphic design, assistant, sales, marketing, and project managing.

user 4574387
Paris, FR
Post #: 2

I am looking for a position in web, graphic design, assistant, sales, marketing, and project managing. My eleven years of experience as a web and graphic designer as well as my problem solving skills and professionalism would add value to many companies.

Please let me know if you have this position available. I would be greatly appreciated with any advices. My portfolio at http://www.alyssagree...­. I look forward to discuss the opening with you in person.

Alyssa Mezoui
Graphic Design (11 years experience)

01 73 74 93 99
06 31 19 34 05
Portfolio: http://www.alyssagree...­.

Nationality, American
Married, 2 Children

94, rue Compans 75019 Paris

I have over 11 years of solid experience in the graphic design field. During this time period, I have demonstrated my ability to manage my time and interact with clients. I am experienced in the complete web and lithographic design processes from conception through production.

3/1996 - Present, Alyssagreetings, Chief designer/ Founder, Paris, France.
- Designed monthly magazine cover and back for a jewelry company.
- Illustrated images and designed a greeting card for "Shape Magazine."
- Designed my own line of greeting cards and web site. (
- Designed logo, business card, letterhead, and envelope for various companies.
- Designed CD artwork, including booklet, inlay card, and CD face.

3/2003 - 5/2006, Fondue Lounge, Founder and Owner, Manhattan, New York.
- Researched and secured business location.
- Obtained all items needed for business operations, and obtained necessary legal documents.
- Established business relation with multiple venders and distributors.
- Responsible for supplies and inventory.
- Marketing and promoting through various media such as internet, print, and PR agencies.
- Managed multiple employees and oversee customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated special events and private parties.
- Created signature food and drink menus.
- Designed all prints and web media.

6/1999 - 7/2000, Amdahl Corporation, Senior Graphic Designer, Sunnyvale, California.
- Designed and maintained entire manager's handbook web site for internet, which consists of over 120 pages of text and graphics.
- Wrote HTML, simple CGI scripts for forms, Java Script image rollovers, and coordinated the selection of all images from photo stock.
- Designed print package items which includes poster, invitation, program, folder, luggage tags, name tags, and airline ticket wallet.
- Designed direct mail pieces for trade show and puzzle artwork for marketing group.
- Coordinated and managed two people for various web site developments.

9/1997 ? 3/1998, Cal Art and Engraving Inc., Graphic Designer
- Flexographic/3D package design for various clients. Products included vegetable packaging, soil packaging, pretzel bags, sourdough baguette bags, jelly belly bags, et al.
- Manual trapping for color separation.
- Created color keys for clients.

Adobe CS3 (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat 9 Pro.), QuarkXpress, Power Point, Indesign, Golive, Microsoft Office 2007, BBedit, HTML, Java scripts, and Cgi scripts.

Associate Degree with Graphic Design Major, De Anza College, Cupertino, California.

- Received Honorable Mention from Artist resource bay area best artist site 1999.
- Fluent in Korean. Basic in French, and Spanish.
- Traveled for nearly six months in Europe.
Ellen L.
user 5981489
Nogent-sur-Marne, FR
Post #: 1
Hello Alyssa,

I recommend that you take a look at job offers on the STC France (Society for Technical Communication): and also the IABC (International Association of Business Communicators):­

I am currently the vice-president of the STC France chapter. We will be holding a day of workshops in September on setting yourself up as a freelancer in France and on marketing yourself. If you are new to France, this might help you sort out the different ways you could set yourself up. I have several friends who have found their salaried jobs after having been a consultant for some time.

Ellen Lebelle