American Expats in Copenhagen Message Board Work › Recent graduate with MSc in Human Biology and 2 yrs relevant work experience

Recent graduate with MSc in Human Biology and 2 yrs relevant work experience looking for new job!! Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

A former member
Post #: 1
I graduated from KU with a Master's in Human Biology, after which I worked at a private biotech company for a year.

My work was in research science. I recently decided I want to move away from a career revolving around the laboratory.

If anyone knows of a company or job position I may be able to apply to, please let me know. Any suggestions or connections would be really appreciated.

My Linkedin address with my CV is: http://dk.linkedin.co...­

Thansk in advance for your help!

-Catherine
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Catherine,

I've recently moved to Copenhagen and am also looking for work, though my background is marketing. The first thing I did was really utilise LinkedIn and I have been building my network ever since as you never know who knows who and what updates will be useful to you - for example one of my new contacts updated re free social media seminars that are going on this week. Would never have known had it not been for LinkedIn!

Unfortunately my knowledge with regards to science is non-existent. However, again on LinkedIn, there will be a live Q&A session hosted by Worktrotter (link here: http://www.worktrotte...­) so maybe that could be of help.

If I hear of anything or stumble across anything that I think may be of interest I'll be sure to let you know smile

Nicola
A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you Nicola. I am also on LinkedIn and it is a good tool for networking. I moved back to California for a bit and found a job in just 3 weeks. But I do plan to move back to dk in the summer, and hopefully I'll have better luck then.

Good luck with your job search!
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks Catherine and same to you when you come back in the summer. Copenhagen really comes alive in the summer so it'll be a lovely time to move back.

At the moment I am looking at volunteering opportunities within marketing which will allow me to meet different people, hopefully including professional Danes, which will thus expand my network further. I have 'met' a few people via LinkedIn but obviously physically showing somebody what you can do is even better than adding one's thoughts to a discussion on LinkedIn, though partaking in discussions obviously help your name to be recognised. I'm trying to think of more ways to be creative in the job hunt as it is tougher than I expected ... but I'm confident it's not impossible. Positive attitude and all that smile

Anyway - the very best of luck again and I hope California is treating you well!