add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Ameripon Message Board › 11/11/2011 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

11/11/2011 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

Closed to new replies

This message board is read-only.

Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 32
Hajimemashou! :o) EVENTS: We had our restaurant event at Inakaya and it was GREAT! (Actually, there were 3 no-shows at the restaurant event but they were deleted from our Meetup group as soon as I got home. I take Japanese quite seriously!) I got to meet Lauren and Nate and they are such an awesome addition to the group. Their enthusiasm for Japanese was evident at the restaurant as we spoke in Japanese for 2 hours straight and ate a 5-course meal of amazing and exotic Japanese dishes. It actually felt weird to go back to English at the end of the night and Lauren kept trying to tempt me back into Japanese ;)

FACEBOOK POSTING: Jeffrey put a nice post on Facebook this week! His Japanese is very impressive. And he gets extra points for pulling off a post that is 100% in Japanese WHILE battling bad hotel internet :) And thank you to Juan as well for consistent Facebook posts. Juan's Japanese posts are now already an order of magnitude above his first posts and that is amazing! It just goes to show that the more Japanese you do, the closer you get to joyous fluency.

Fluency WILL come to everyone who is studying Japanese. The question is when. No matter what intelligence level a person is, they learn their native language! Have you ever heard of somebody NOT learning a language? The only difference between them and us is that they did their target language MORE. As soon as you start doing Japanese 18-24 hours a day (instead of half an hour a day), watch how fast your Japanese language ability will grow! Language fluency is determined by hours immersed in that language, not race or where you were born.

Ogenki de!

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a weekly basis. To be considered Active and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want (as I am also a part-time Japanese instructor for Beginners.) If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese! And being a no-show at an event would get you booted as well. Have a great day!