Ameripon Message Board › 1/20/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

1/20/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

This message board is read-only.

Louis
lwellington
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 40
Hajimemashou! :o)

EVENTS: We have had 2 events since our last recap. A phenomenal karaoke event that was hosted by Lauren on Saturday is first. She did SUCH a good job! It was our best attendance yet and though I left by 5:00 PM, I heard that the group went to dinner afterwards and then went BACK and did more karaoke. And the whole night was in Japanese! Lauren and Jay are clearly Japanese karaoke ringers and we need to be ready to kick their butts next time :p And we had the Japanese stretch class on Tuesday and Tina joined us. They really love her over at that class and I can see why :) Tina is enthusiastic about exercise, she is in great shape and she was willing to speak in Japanese with the rest of us for 90 minutes straight. That is a good thing because we don't speak English at all in that class! I am constantly trying out new phrases and sentences on these Japanese natives and I scan their facial expressions and responses to see if I said something natural-sounding or weird in Japanese. There is no way to do it but to do it! I embarrass myself there on a weekly basis but if I was too afraid of being embarrassed, I would never be able to progress.

FACEBOOK POSTING: I am starting to be able to do the Facebook posting faster than before. It used to take me 60 minutes to do a post and now I do them in 30 minutes. Practice does make perfect and I find that sentences that I have read from Japanese source materials start to find their way into my posts. I still don't know enough sex words yet, though!

Another member of Japanese Language 24/7 has joined Skritter! That is excellent. The more people we have on Skritter, the better. I would like to start a competition among us in order to inspire more regular kanji study in group members. But I will wait until we have some more group members that are already kanji-ready or very motivated to learn more kanji.

Ogenki de!

-Louis

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a daily basis. The definition of "inactive" is a member who does not post on Facebook or RSVPs for Events for 30 consecutive days. To be considered Active and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup Event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want (as I am also a part-time Japanese instructor for Beginners.) If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese! And being a no-show at an Event would get you booted as well, of course :)