Ameripon Message Board › 2/3/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

2/3/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Weekly Recap and Encouragement

This message board is read-only.

Louis
lwellington
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 43
Hajimemashou! :o)

EVENTS: We had the stretch class on Tuesday and we had a guest! She was native Japanese and even though she was clearly older, she was pretty flexible. It only took her 1 minute to do the pose that took me a year to achieve :p Her presence got me flustered and my keigo was all over the place and I still miss Japanese social cues...but the only way to learn is through lots of practice! I can just imagine what my Japanese would be like WITHOUT this type of constant reinforcement.

FACEBOOK POSTING: Start posting! It is very important to practice your output. Input is great but being a mute is not! The same skills that you use for writing on Facebook will be the same skills that you use for conversation.

Tonight is our bimonthly viewing Event and it will be our biggest Event yet! I am quite excited to share some awesome Japanese anime and comedies with you tonight! There will also be multiple Japanese-native guests and an even BIGGER surprise that will be revealed to the people that show up. I better make sure that there is enough alcohol because the more relaxed we are, the more we will speak Japanese. (For those who don't drink, I will be sure to have non-alcoholic beverages as well.)

Ogenki de!

-Louis

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a daily basis. The definition of "inactive" is a member who does not post on Facebook OR attends any Group Events for 30 consecutive days. To be considered "Active" and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup Event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want. If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese (or being a no-show at an Event.) The best way to learn is to always have Japanese language within easy reach and we can be within easy reach of each other, 24/7 :)