Ameripon Message Board › 3/4/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Bi-Weekly Recap and Encouragement

3/4/2012 Japanese Language 24/7 Bi-Weekly Recap and Encouragement

This message board is read-only.

Louis
lwellington
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 45
Hajimemashou! :o)

EVENTS: Tina and I attended the Japanese Stretch Class on Tuesday. Tina was paired off with Numano-sama for the mutual massage and I was paired with Takao-sensei's son. Needless to say, Tina got the more polished of the two! Takao's son was throwing my body around like I was a sack of potatoes :) But when I started releasing insults in Japanese, he started to realize that his bodywork was less than relaxing!

We have 2 special events this month, along with the weekly stretch class. I have included links to them below. 1 event is karaoke and the other one is a restaurant night. Please RSVP! :)

http://www.meetup.com...­

http://www.meetup.com...­

FACEBOOK POSTING: The hero of the week is DEFINITELY Joe Bergeron :) Joe, you had me at hello! All of this Facebook posting that Joe has been doing is awesome! Joe's Japanese is clearly good and he flat-out makes the group better. Thank you, Joe.

This will be a busy month for the group AND a great opportunity for us to get together. There will be no less than 8 Events between now and our anime/sitcom viewing Meetup next month and that means that EVERYBODY can attend at least 1 Event. And if you can attend more than 1 event, it is even better! My hopes are that everybody (who isn't a native speaker of Japanese) is spending their time studying and studying. Those 2,000 kanji won't learn themselves, you know! There are people that have been studying Japanese for a decade and still cannot read a Japanese newspaper, so this language is clearly not something that you can do casually. Hmmm, maybe I should start instituting kanji exams at the next viewing and give out cash prizes to the winner? Ganbare!!!

Ogenki de!

-Louis

Japanese Language 24/7 Policy: Inactive (non-participating) members will be gently deleted from our roster on a daily basis. The definition of "inactive" is a member who does not post on Facebook OR attends any Group Events for 30 consecutive days. To be considered "Active" and to avoid being gently deleted, come to at least 1 Meetup Event a month OR post at least 1 Facebook post a month. Thank you. And I am always available for any questions or help that you want. If you want or need help, please ask. We are all here to learn WITHOUT judgment or trolling. The only bad Japanese that will get you booted from this group is NO Japanese (or being a no-show at an Event.) The best way to learn is to always have Japanese language within easy reach and we can be within easy reach of each other, 24/7 :)