So now the weather is better lets get back on it!
Change of venue, after complaints last year about the holes in Vondelpark we will try the big green area just after Westerpark (see link below)
The time is from 7pm and we will play till around 8-9pm ish, light and energy depending, Ill often get there a bit earlier to get setup anyway.
This really is just for fun so skill level really doesnt matter and we tend not to take it very serious as its more about just having fun.
Ultimate Frisbee Rules:
- The Field -- A rectangular shape with endzones at each end. We will work out the size when we get there
- Initiate Play -- Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective endzone line. The defense throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
- Scoring -- Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense's endzone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the Disc -- The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc ("thrower") has ten seconds (lets say 10 seconds ish) to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker") counts out the stall count.
- Change of possession -- When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions -- Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout. (we might not even bother with subs)
- Non-contact -- No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls -- When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-Refereeing -- Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
- Spirit of the Game -- Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
Most weeks Ill probably take my slackline along so if people want they can have a go on that too.