March 7 · 8:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Play Beach Volleyball on real sand....but indoors!
Come along and play Beach Volleyball with other expats (Dutch also welcome!)
Venue: The Sand ( www.thesand.nl)
No prior experience is necessary, it's just about having fun!
- Rental of each field will be for 1 hour
- Cost will divided amongst all who attend (Note: if you join in late, you will still be expected to pay equal share)
- 4 EUR per person - please have correct change!
- Changing facilities are available, including showers
- Teams of approx 3 people, we have 2 fields and will rotate games / teams each week
- There is a bar serving drinks, where we can chill out after the game
- If you have never been before, give yourself extra time, as it is a 15 minute walk from Sloterdijk station)
The rules we will play:
- Kicking the ball is not allowed
- Heading the ball is not allowed
- We will play a rally points scoring system, which means you score a point every time you win the rally, whether you serve or not
- You win service by winning a rally
- Maximum 3 touches per side, per rally
- Games are timed (this allows us all to move on to the next game at the same time, and avoid hanging around waiting) approx 10 minute games dependant on the number of teams.
- If you are on a tie break when time is up, play the next serve to see who gets the point and therefore wins the game
If you have RSVP'd and then change your mind PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF from the meetup - If you say you are coming and dont turn up, this will make others miss out and the cost more expensive for others. So please be fair and remove yourself if you change your mind!
Note about payment: It has been decided that because we are not so sure on numbers turning up each week (even when people RSVP!) there may sometimes be extra moneys. We will roll this forward for weeks where people do not turn up after saying they would or there are less people RSVP - this helps keep it at a flat 4 EUR rate.
Go on...what are you waiting for!