align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The London Android Group - Londroid Message Board The London Android Group - Londroid Discussion Forum › Breaking into Android Development

Breaking into Android Development

Ben A.
BenAvery
London, GB
Post #: 1
I'm a Java (and recently Grails) dev with 12 years of experience, and just come to the end of a contract.

I'm interested in moving into Android. I've been doing some coding in my own time, and went to Droidcon London last year, and would be interested in moving into it career-wise.

I'm considering taking a month out to learn a lot more, and get a couple of apps out onto the Market, with the intention of learning enough to find a job doing Android development.

Can anyone offer an opinion of whether this would be sufficient, or if employers only consider candidates with professional experience?

thanks in advance for any replies smile