|Sent on:||Friday, August 26, 2011 3:28 PM|
Travel and mobile were meant for each other. In a recent survey, priceline found that over half of its customers plan to use a smartphone during their next trip. And you should see what happens during snowstorms.
But you already knew that. You have a ton of serious server-side/web experience, and have been deep in the mobile space since Google intro’d those first awkward Android betas. You've done some great apps and watched in amazement as the platform grew. Recently, you’ve been playing with HTML5. Will webapps win this race? You’re just the person to figure it out. Maybe you're looking for the next big challenge. Or maybe you want to join a top-notch brand. Or maybe you agree that mobile travel is an area that's prime for innovation. Whatever the reason... come join us here in Norwalk, CT while we revolutionize mobile travel. The suburbs not for you? That's ok; this position can also be located in the hustle-bustle of NYC.
Show us your Android app -- and talk to us about how you built it. We want to hear about your client-side Java skills, your SDK knowledge, how you optimize for tiny devices, and how you solve complex problems. We'll focus on your device-native app experience... but we love server-side skills, too.
· A few years’ programming experience in Java on Android devices
· Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading
· Strong object-oriented design and development skills
· Strong problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills
· Solid back-end skills, ideally in a Java environment where you extended enterprise functionality to mobile devices using JSON.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
· Minimum eighteen months year hands-on experience with Android
· 3-5 years additional development experience in e-commerce or related field
New York, NY OR Norwalk, CT
Click on the link below to visit our Mobile Careers website and to apply online.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
This email message originally included an attachment.