GPShopper is looking for a new Android Developer in the NYC area to build best in class mobile applications for major retailers and brands. We would love to discuss this opportunity if you are interested in:
- Using your development skills to reach large audiences
- Building custom applications for major brands/retailers
- Enjoy working in a small startup culture with a great team
- Opportunity for rapid advancement as our company grows
Android Mobile DeveloperWhat we are looking for:
- Java/Android SDK Developers (Android)
- Able to maintain Activity application states through interrupts such as rotation (saving variables, threads, etc).
- Experience utilizing Nine-Patch and graphics for multiple screen sizes.
- Able to multi-thread seamlessly without leaking the Context as well as knowing how to create background Service classes.
- Experience creating Home Screen widgets for apps a plus.
- Creating custom Views from scratch (Java Code) a huge plus.
- Must have sound knowledge of at least one object-oriented language (Java, C++, ObjC).
- Excellent in analytical and problem solving skills.
- LAMP (Python) and Mobile Web Page Development a huge plus.
- Already built and published applications to the Android Market this is a huge plus.
- Experience with the GPS and Google Maps APIs (Our name is GPShopper right?!).
- Accustomed to working in a team, extending existing code bases, and using version control systems.
- Someone who has projects up on GitHub (otherwise please include sample code and/or a link to a published app).
- Can talk intelligently about:
Composition vs. Inheritance
- Makes small commits that address one problem at a time with clean eloquent code.
- Takes pride in their craft.
Please send all resumes to Dan Cummings, VP of Products: email@example.com
GPShopper is a pioneer in location-based mobile marketing solutions started in 2005 with a vision: use mobile technologies to connect shoppers with products at local stores. Using our proprietary solutions, GPShopper was the first mobile company to combine local product and promotional information with mobile location technology (such as GPS). Since then GPShopper has grown to become one of the leading mobile technology providers with top tier clients such as Best Buy, Citi, Express, LG and others.