Dear UAALA members,
Check out a neat local community group of like-minded people who care about animals and the environment where you can learn new things and practice your speaking skills in a supportive comfortable environment.
As a guest or member of Vegan Toastmasters, you just might:
- Learn to gracefully handle sensitive situations with family, friends and coworkers
- Identify effective techniques to persuade and inspire as an activist
- Make long lasting friendships with other vegans
- Develop your self-confidence as a public speaker
- Refine your PR speech for your animal-friendly product or service
- Chat with vegans about important issues and local events
- Build skills and make a difference for animals, your health and the environment
March 3rd, 2013
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
West Los Angeles Animal Care Center, Community Room
11361 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Feel free to forward this message to others you think may be interested. Better yet, bring a friend!
If you have any questions, feel free to call 424-BE-KIND-5 ( [masked])
More info at our website:http://www.vegantoastmasters.org
Become our friend on facebook:http://facebook.com/vegantoastmasters
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/418184651598579/ About Vegan Toastmasters The mission of Vegan Toastmasters is to provide a supportive, encouraging environment for members to develop their speaking and leadership skills, thus enabling the members to more effectively spread the message of respect and compassion for all of our fellow beings, and the message of a healthier body and planet through dietary choices. Founded in 1924, Toastmasters International has helped over three million people worldwide to become more effective speakers. Toastmasters' time-proven formula for speaking success revolves around attending meetings and working through its Basic and Advanced Manuals. In addition to improving speaking skills, working through the Toastmasters program will improve leadership, listening, writing, and evaluation skills as well. People interested in Toastmasters or veganism can visit the club as a guest for free.
At this particular meeting, I will be giving a prepared speech for the International Speech contest entitled "Making a Difference." Hope to see many of you there!