Hello UAALA members!
Come out and join fellow vegans and vegetarians for fun times, learning, and networking with other veg*ans.
As a guest or member of Vegan Toastmasters, you just might:
- Learn to gracefully handle sensitive situations with family, friends and coworkers
- Identify effective techniques to persuade and inspire as an activist
- Make long lasting friendships with other vegans
- Develop your self-confidence as a public speaker
- Refine your PR speech for your animal-friendly product or service
- Chat with vegans about important issues and local events
- Build skills and make a difference for animals, your health and the environment
Please keep in mind there is no need to prepare a speech or anything like that if you are a newcomer. There is no requirement for guests to actively participate in the meeting if they choose not to. Guests will still find the meeting instructive and enjoyable.
Meeting Time: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Meeting Location: West Los Angeles Animal Care Center 11361 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064
If you have any questions, feel free to call 424-BE-KIND-5 [masked] ). More info at our website: www.vegantoastmasters.org
Become our friend on facebook:
About Vegan Toastmasters The mission of Vegan Toastmasters is to provide a supportive, encouraging environment for members to develop their speaking and leadership skills, thus enabling the members to more effectively spread the message of respect and compassion for all of our fellow beings, and the message of a healthier body and planet through dietary choices. Founded in 1924, Toastmasters International has helped over three million people worldwide to become more effective speakers. Toastmasters' time-proven formula for speaking success revolves around attending meetings and working through its Basic and Advanced Manuals. In addition to improving speaking skills, working through the Toastmasters program will improve leadership, listening, writing, and evaluation skills as well. People interested in Toastmasters or veganism can visit the club as a guest for free.
P.S. At this particular meeting I will be giving a speech about my experiences in vet school and as a vegan veterinarian. Come to the meeting to hear it! :)