add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Animal Advocates of Maryland, DC and Virginia Message Board › Papa John's drops support and ads for the rodeo

Papa John's drops support and ads for the rodeo

Washington, DC
Post #: 19
Hi all,

I received an email from Stephanie requesting we contact Papa John's regarding support/ads for a rodeo in MD. Within an hour or two of logging my concern I actually got a phone call from a Papa John's rep!!!!! And this was on Sunday!!! He relayed that when they were approached initially they really didn't think much about it as they often get requests regarding support of various events. After receiving calls/emails from concerned people he checked further and they are not going to be supporting this event. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Stephanie asked me to share this news.

I also referred the gentleman to SHARK. This is an anti-cruelty organization. They have numerous undercover videos from rodeos on You Tube. These are not easy to watch but if you are on the fence about how cruel rodeos really are you should definitely take a look. I stumbled across Shark while watching another video and they are now on my support list.

Also I would like to plug the Beagle Freedom Project. Something else I stumbled across a few months ago. They are a very small organization taking on a big job. They are rescuing and placing beagles from research labs into forever homes.