Animal Advocates of Maryland, DC and Virginia Message Board › Running Hare Vineyard and Pig Slaughter

Running Hare Vineyard and Pig Slaughter

Michelle
user 9248772
Bowie, MD
Post #: 28
We visited this vineyard in Prince Frederick, MD today. Everything was going well until we met the owner. I mentioned that we had taken a walk and met the pigs and goats on his property which for me was a highlight of the day. I was informed in cheery detail that the pigs would be slaughtered tomorrow. So I left there heartbroken and in tears. We will never go back.
stephanie
user 8414685
Group Organizer
Woodbine, MD
Post #: 8
What did you tell him?
Michelle
user 9248772
Bowie, MD
Post #: 31
Hi Stephanie, I listened to him in horror. Then I told him that I was a vegetarian and I was trying to forget every word he just said. In the car, I told my husband that not only would we never return but that I was going to the vineyard's facebook page to post the story of the pigs. The next day, my post was deleted but I received an email from the owner stating that he was sorry I felt that way but his was a "working" farm and that's what happens. I know that people with farms have a different view of animals but I never will nor will I ever understand them. I am traumatized to this day by the beautiful faces of these 2 wonderful animals who came to the fence to greet us. I watched them nuzzle each other and nibble the grass, breathe the air, and enjoy the sunshine. The cruelty of killing them will never leave me.