Ann Arbor PHP MySQL Message Board › Denver, CO MySQL/MongoDB DBA/Developer
|A former member||
Job Title: MySQL & MongoDB Database Developer/DBA
ocation: Denver, CO
Relocation Assistance Available
This person will play a key role in the direction of this group and the technical decisions including clustering, data marts and moving to a MongoDB environment for key projects.
You will have your hand in three different projects:
1. Internal Media View Project- Storage environment for all catalogs of events and products the customer can access and use; this needs to be re-built from the ground up including database design, implementation and support. This person will own this initiative.
2. Health Environment Project- They have a large replicated environment for their 4 MM set top boxes with a full payload that they talk to every day; environment includes 6 slaves.
3. Analytics Environment- Set top boxes communicate on an as needed and on an interval basis. Need to design and build a high-availability environment, possibly with MySQL clustering if it is technically feasible. Ground up re-build of operating system and everything else. Investigate MongoDB and determine if it is the right solution; build business case for that solution
• Maintain existing MySQL environments, including large replication environments for data mining and mid-sized High Availability environments.
• Review and make recommendations for tuning existing environments.
• Design and tune new tables, databases and environments for both existing environments and new work.
• Monitor and support current and future environments.
• Create, maintain and update maintenance scripts for MySQL and SQLite databases.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 4 years hands-on experience in database administration of MySQL is required, 4 to 8 years is preferred.
• Experience with various MySQL engine types, include InnoDB, MyISAM, MEMORY.
• Experience with setup, configuration, maintenance, trouble-shooting MySQL replication environments.
• Experience with performance tuning MySQL databases for a variety of environments and user requirements.
• Experience with SQLite design, configuration, tuning and consolidation.
• Expertise in Linux, including experience writing Linux scripts.
• Experience with MySQL Clustering configuration, setup and maintenance.
• Experience with High Availability MySQL environments.
• Experience with other relational database systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL.
• Experience using PERL for database maintenance and interaction.
• Experience with using and configuring NoSQL environments (MongoDB, etc).
High Country Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.