addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Annapolis Movie Club Message Board › An Open Letter from Nathan Cole, Writer/Producer of THE WATERHOLE

An Open Letter from Nathan Cole, Writer/Producer of THE WATERHOLE

Pericles L.
user 8116148
Annapolis, MD
Friends,

I just got this email from Nathan Cole, the Writer/Producer of THE WATERHOLE which we will be screening this Friday. I wanted to pass it on here first before I send it out others on the Newsletter and facebook lists. It is pasted below.

Take Care,
Pericles
--------------------------------------­---------------------------------------

To the Friends and Patrons of the Annapolis Pretentious Film Society,

Almost fifteen years ago, bored and aimless, I decided to write a screenplay. It was terrible. I wanted to capture my life at the time, a series of misadventures in a small dive bar my friend worked at where we would drink, listen to and discuss music, and romanticize the "old-timers" that had so diligently dedicated their lives to boozing and refusing to become part of a normal society. As time moved on the various ugly truths of that world revealed themselves in mostly annoying, sometimes traumatic ways, but I knew there was still a story to be told from them.

I continued to stumble towards my goal of writing movies - moving to LA, leaving LA, moving back to LA, getting a boring day job, getting married, having a kid - but never stopped working to make that once embarrassing screenplay something I was proud of, a story about growing up and growing past the things that can keep you from being the person you want to be. "The Waterhole" has been a labor of love, an incredible journey and beautiful burden all wrapped up in one. Getting to go back to my hometown of Reno, Nevada and film in the bar I frequented and the record store I worked at was the perfect end to the creation of that screenplay.

Now, my partners, Daniel Menahem and Ely Mennin, and I, along with a very wonderful cast of up and coming actors, have a film we are very proud of and we are extremely excited to share it with you.

Cheers,
Nathan Cole
Writer/Producer