add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Annapolis Movie Club Message Board › New Meetup: August Screening: LOOP a feature by APFS Curator, Pericles Lewnes

New Meetup: August Screening: LOOP a feature by APFS Curator, Pericles Lewnes

Pericles L.
user 8116148
Annapolis, MD
Announcing a new Meetup for The Annapolis Movie Club!

What: August Screening: LOOP a feature by APFS Curator, Pericles Lewnes

When: Friday, August 20, 2010 8:00 PM

Where: O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel
174 West St
Annapolis, MD 21401
410 263 7700

Well, I turn 50 on August 18th, and since many people have people have inquired about my feature, LOOP, I felt now was as good a time as any to screen it.

So I am going to put my movie where my mouth is.
This screening will be FREE. The now World Famous APFS Love Bucket will be passed around after the show, if you would like to contribute.

Now, I am going to invite many friends to this event, and there are a few things that I want you to know:

1. LOOP is a narrative film
2. LOOP is an award winning feature that screened at the 2008 Cannes Marché du Film.
3. I am the lead actor in LOOP for reasons that I will explain in the post screening Q&A.
4. LOOP is not a romantic comedy.
5. LOOP is not violent or gory and does not contain sexual content.
6. Many audiences are unnerved by LOOP.
7. LOOP has been described as VERY INTENSE and CHALLENGING ART.
8. LOOP does not reflect my happy go lucky personality.
9. LOOP is not a cry forhelp, only a work of fiction.

Imagine waking up not knowing who you are, who you were, or who you will be, in a place familiar yet foreign. The world is in chaos and it twists around you like a snake. Everything brings a vague recollection of memories you just can’t grasp. You meet others like you – lost, confused, and enraged – while the rest seem to ignore your very existence. Who is your enemy? Who is your ally? Is that really your wife?

Who can be trusted?

Meet Joseph List, bewildered male, midlife mad, and drifting in a time warp where answers just generate more questions. Joe knows something happened to him — something powerful and personal — and he is desperate to find out what it is. Is it meaningful or meaningless? Can it be fixed or is it not broken?

LOOP is one man’s journey into a senseless world of bent time and elastic reality – a world where he finds that the sanity he seeks is the insanity he’s lost.
What People Say:

"Loop is one of the most ambitious and brilliant hand-made films in recent memory– a terrifying sci-fi involving a man desperately seeking a sense of reality and sanity while trapped either in his own madness or an Orwellian nightmare. His journey takes him on an exploration of the different aspects of his psyche– Or does it? The revelation at the end is mind-blowing and reminds us that the inner workings of our minds are perhaps indistinguishable from those of our society, or even the universe at large. In this light, government conspiracies are a reality and a sickness no different from other forms of human psychoses. Lewnes’ film brings to mind the works of Tarkovsky, Wong Kar-Wai, and David Lynch. Loop is truly a tour de force of a ferociously intelligent mind.”
-- Maria Giese Award Winning Feature Director of Hunger

…and it’s very impressive; using admittedly primitive technical means, Lewnes has constructed an illogical (or meta-logical) narrative with the off-kilter visual and audial consistency of a fever dream, almost flawless in every respect…
-- Nathan Shumate Cold Fusion Video Reviews

a “guerrilla masterwork”.
-- Joseph Culp Producer -- The Reflecting Pool

Working for a three year period with close friends and associates, financed and produced by his wife Lisa DeLucia Lewnes, Mr. Lewnes has concocted a primal scream into the vortex of the subconscious, a delusional kaleidoscope in circular thinking. Loop I must say was a very bizarre endeavor, an almost pretentious minimalist avante garde piece of film making…

I liken this piece of work to Edvard Munch’s The Scream, a dizzy array of fear, isolation and existential angst, all composed within a kaleidoscope of bleeding colors.
-- Rowan Harrison --

With an intelligent story and unique visuals, "LOOP" keeps you hooked, and it keeps you guessing.
-- Ronny Carlsson -- Film Bizarro
I will be adding more info as time goes by. There will be a super secret screening of a short that I think is awesome from from a filmmaker from Brainerd, MN preceding LOOP.

I hope you will join us for this free screening of LOOP.

Pericles Lewnes
Director, LOOP
Founder/Curator, The Annapolis Pretentious Film SocietySee More

RSVP to this Meetup:­