align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › 4th Edition Game for May

4th Edition Game for May

Brian S.
Alberand
Garden City, MI
Post #: 135
Contrary to the Meetup information, which still says "No 4th edition game for April," I will be running another 6th level adventure in my own rendition of Fallcrest for May. It will pick up shortly after the events of March's game, but it is not necessary to have played in March to join in and know what's going on.

If you played in March, you can either continue with the same character (I will bring the sheets), or let that one be an NPC and either try another pre-gen or make your own.

For new players, I will be providing a number of unused pre-generated characters, or you can make your own.

If you make your own character, use the following guidelines:

• Standard 22 point buy (here is a handy ability score calculator).
  • Magic items: one level 7, one level 6, one level 5 (lower level items can be substituted).
  • 1,000 gp to purchase additional items and equipment.
  • All WotC material is allowed (PH, PH2, Arcane/Martial power, Forgotten Reams, Dungeon/Dragon). No third-party material, please.

The game will be a mix of social encounters, puzzle-solving, and some tactical/combat challenges. I would not recommend creating a highly combat-optimized character, as this will not be a pure hack 'n slash game. You should at least consider making one or two skill/utility power choices that can be applied to social challenges as well as fighting.

Feel free to post here or send me a message with questions.

Brian