The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Anyone else get Pathfiners Player's handbook?

Anyone else get Pathfiners Player's handbook?

Eric
ErevisCale
Grass Lake, MI
Post #: 49
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. like the rule changes and class and race changes.
Brian S.
Alberand
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 155
It sounded interesting, but frankly, I am done with the 3.5 ruleset as a DM. I don't mind playing it, and am in a game with it right now, but from a DM's perspective, 4e is much faster and easier, which is a necessity for me.

Do they fix any of the major flaws in 3e (magic system, class imbalance, over-abundance of rules, grapple, etc), or is it just minor tweaks?
Eric
ErevisCale
Grass Lake, MI
Post #: 50
They made each class seem like a prestige class IMO. Each race has an extra bonus +2 stat. Humans, half-elves and half-Orcs get +2 stat that they can add to any stat, which I thought was well deserved. Some feats are retooled and new feats are generated as well.

the book size is like having the Players Handbook, Dungeon Masters book together and perhaps an extra book and each chapter seems twice as long as the 3.0-3.5 book's chapters.

Id have to read over the magic system a bit to see how its represented.