The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › Mechwarrior Help

Mechwarrior Help

Blake
Grizzlyfate
Whitmore Lake, MI
Post #: 1
Hi! I am new to the group, and I'm really looking forward to playing D&D again! I have recently acquired some Mechwarrior pieces and was hoping some one might be able to show me the ropes. I have plenty of pieces for multiple players, and would like to try a game or two to get used to the system. I would appreciate any help with this game. Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 2
I don't have any knowledge of MechWarrior (outside of the video games) but I'd be willing to help you play it. =D
Blake
Grizzlyfate
Whitmore Lake, MI
That sounds great, thank you! I can talk to you about it at the meeting today.
A former member
Post #: 3
Oh, huh.
The notifier thing send me an e-mail telling me that you responded in this topic... about 20 hours later. O_O

Sorry, I didn't show up! I don't really know how this whole thing works and I'm not in anyone's campaign right now so I don't even know if I was supposed to show up at all.

Anyways... If you wanted to meet up in Ann Arbor at a FLGS or something, we could do that. Unless perhaps you found someone else to cooperate at the meet up and don't need my help...? Either way, fill me in. I'll actually stop by the discussion board regularly to watch for replies this time.
Blake
Grizzlyfate
Whitmore Lake, MI
Post #: 3
I am still interested in playing mechwarrior if you are. I am not familiar with FLGS but I might have a location for us to play. Let me know what days and times are best for you, and I will try to line something up.

Thanks again!
Brian S.
Alberand
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 182
Best game stores I know offhand are Fun4All on Washtenaw in Ypsilanti, and GetYourGameOn at the corner of State and Packard in Ann Arbor.

You might find a few other members that are into MechWarrior as well. Just keep posting about it or ask around at the meetups. Someone created a poll about interest in Battletech a while back, and it got some positive responses, if I recall correctly.
Justinian
user 11461682
Ann Arbor, MI
Mechwarrior...

What a great RPG and setting! The Fanpro guys, while a little slow to publish, seem to really 'click' with where the setting needs to go to make BattleTech relevant again. While the WoB Jihad isn't my preferred play era, what they've done to flesh out the system/setting and lift it out of the 80's has been great. I played in a mercenary campaign that was one of my better out-of fantasy experiences (alas, fabled Traveller has never made my acquaintance). as for the Wizkids miniature game, I can't say I've got a great feeling towards it, but it is a great source of miniatures for in-mech battles.
Jim C.
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 54
Oh, huh.
Sorry, I didn't show up! I don't really know how this whole thing works and I'm not in anyone's campaign right now so I don't even know if I was supposed to show up at all.

The email notifications take a long time. The 2nd Saturday game has one campaign but the rest are pick up games. It is different every month. The purpose of that meetup is for new players and people new to the area. So, stop by next month and you will have a seat.

Jim
A former member
Post #: 4
Alright, cool. =) The last week was a bad week for anything, it turns out. Sickness, procrastination, four quizzes covering six chapters, etc...

But yeah, the only FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store) in Ypsilanti that I like is Fun 4 All. There is a good one in Ann Arbor though. I only mention those because they are good neutral meeting places. Not that I think anyone is a crazy mugger or something... but its the principalities of the thing. =D
Blake
Grizzlyfate
Whitmore Lake, MI
Post #: 5
Fun 4 All would work for me. Let me know what days/times work for you, and I can bring the gear.