The Ann Arbor Area RPG & D&D Group Message Board › If you don't have anything nice to say you better not say anything at all

If you don't have anything nice to say you better not say anything at all

scott
Palintear
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 32
I posted a message on a wizards of the coast message board
then I was sent this email. whats next..corporate lawyers knocking on my door or maybe a goon squad

Wizards Community Account [Incident: 100514-000058]

Discussion Thread
Response (Online Response Crew) 05/14/2010 06:19 AM
Hello,

In our online communities we strive to create a safe and fun environment for all of our members. We have set up a Code of Conduct to be as fair as possible. You can find our Code of Conduct by clicking here .

We found content you posted on Wizards Community that violates section 6, Disruption of the Code of Conduct.

"anyone know if the new gamma world is dumb down like D&D 4.0? "

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. click here.

Online Community Conduct Wizards of the Coast

[---001:001293:02236---]
Brian S.
Alberand
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 198
From the community code of conduct:

6. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:

• Spam through repeated posts, or off-topic content by word or intent to forums or comments (scrolling, flooding, polling, or by "bumping" a post more than once in 48 hours).
  • Make off-topic posts or chat or trades in the wrong forums or chat rooms (casual chat or roleplay in rooms or forums not designated for these types of activities).
  • Advertise trades or sales outside of the designated areas.

On the one hand, it may be a little bit of a stretch to apply section 6 to this individual post. On the other hand, your question is needlessly and blatantly insulting both to the games that WotC's people work hard to create and the people that play and enjoy them. As such, it has the potential to become highly inflammatory and disruptive to whatever the forum topic may be. Had you phrased it "Does anyone know whether Gamma World uses the 4e mechanics?", you would not have received the email.

You really shouldn't throw out "gamer cop" accusations on another forum where they cannot defend themselves when you were the one holding a burning match under the powder keg in the first place.
Jim C.
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 59
Touché
longrangebob
user 7221627
Redford, MI
Post #: 64
That response from WOTC was a very telling one. You might have hit a sore spot or the skin is pretty thin at Wotc. I would have thought that they understood the mechanics were very much simplified. So, you might have gotten an answer. LMAO