NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BUYING YOUR OWN TICKET AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE
Here's the link for tickets: https://mogotix.com/events/6646 <---- go for it
Tickets are $5, doors at 6, first lecture at 7! (PM on those last two.)
Here's another website! http://ignitesanfrancisco.com
So let's meet at this event and watch some lectures! Yeah!
Here's the description from the organizers:
Learn about the event
Join us for Ignite San Francisco #6 as 16 artists, technologists, thinkers, and personalities take the stage.
- Rachel Binx - "Memes, Kitsch, and My Search for Meaning in Gangnam Style"
- Renee Direstra - "Anatomy of the banking crisis"
- Nick Doiron - "Maps No One Wants"
- Julia Grace - "p!=np"
- David Hayes - "Climbing your inner demons"
- Liam Holt - "Viruses shape the world"
- Rachel Kalmar - "Health sensors & the data ecosystem"
- Kristina Kearns - "Sharing versus Giving: Valuing reciprocity"
- Joyce Kim - "The industry of Gangam Style (How Korea is building a pop empire)"
- Bob Lee - "How that dongle works"
- Rob Munro - "Where's my talking robot?"
- Ramez Naam - "The Wired Brain"
- Molly Nixon - "The Mouse Industrial Complex"
- Siobhan Quinn - "The 5 Laws of Engagement"
- Chris Robinson - "Tsunamiball: the backyard boat project"
Doors open at 6pm, first speaker at 7pm. 21 and over. Follow us @ignitebayarea for up-to-the-minute speaker announcements and event partners! Admission is $5. Register now, space is limited.
For more information, visit ignitesanfrancisco.com.
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then hundreds of 5-minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Baltimore, Portland, Paris, and now, right here in San Francisco!