Atheists of Utah will be holding our first Adopt-A-Highway clean-up of the year on May 3rd at 11:00 am. Our officially designated clean-up area is State Street/Highway 89 milepost 375 to milepost 377, which is roughly 1300 S. to 2800 S. This is a great way to boost our visibility and show others in the community that we can be "good without god".
We will meet in the parking lot of ASA Insurance at 2200 South State Street (west side). The clean-up only takes about two hours. Then we'll head out for adult liquid refreshment and eats at a nearby establishment. We really hope to see you there!
Keep in Mind:
* AofU will provide bottled water so you don't dry up and blow away.
* AofU will provide nitrile gloves so your hands won't smell like State Street funk.
* We will be working outside! Bring (and use) sunscreen, hats, etc...
* Because your future is so bright, you oughta wear shades.
* Do NOT wear open-toed shoes/sandals. Keep those piggies safe from the world.
* Do NOT pick up anything that could be considered a biohazard (condoms, needles, etc.).
* Do NOT pick up anything that looks like it contains human waste, or any bottles with liquid in them. Let the trucker bombs stay where they lay.
* Be mindful of your surroundings, and don't stray out into traffic.
* Only fill the bags enough that they can still be closed.
Young heathens are welcome to participate in the clean-up as long as they meet the requirement UDOT placed in our contract which states that "All members of the Group on the roadside will be at least 11 years of age. Children 11 - 15 years of age will be under direct adult supervision." We don't want any smooshed kids - that would be a downer. ;-)
More info: http://on.fb.me/15KlfYx