Announcing a new Meetup for Orange County Vegan Drinks!
What: Who Wants to Be a Vegan Millionaire?!
When: Friday, March 5,[masked]:30 PM
participation amount: $5.00 per person
Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)
This is our group's second attempt to win the lottery, and while the odds aren't getting any better, you can't win if you're not in. Remember: by enriching and empowering ourselves as wealthy vegans, we can better effect rapid personal and social change.
The Mega Millions Lottery jackpot is projected to be $133 million for this Friday's drawing. I'll collect contributions in increments of $5 from anyone interested via the meetup site, use all net funds to buy lottery tickets, and provide everyone who participates with a pdf showing all tickets purchased and numbers. If you'd like to participate, just RSVP and pay $5 via PayPal. To increase your investment in increments of $5, just add and pay for additional guests. If you do not have or cannot establish a PayPal account, unfortunately you'll be unable to participate. I cannot accept cash, checks, IOUs, wire transfers, or other methods of payment.
After the drawing, we'll split our huge win, retire, and devote our time to helping animals!
Terms of participation:
1. California law permits multiple players to share winnings from a single lottery ticket. This event is governed by California law.
2. The RSVP deadline to participate is Friday, March 5, 2010 at 12:30 pm PST. Net funds collected as of the cut-off time will be used to purchase Mega Millions lottery tickets for the drawing to be held March 5, 2010 at 8:00 Pacific time. "Net funds" means total funds collected, less any service fees withheld by PayPal or other payment processing organization.
3. Before the drawing, all participants will be provided with a link to a pdf displaying all tickets purchased and lottery numbers. All tickets will be purchased as "quick-picks." Participants cannot request particular numbers as this would drive the organizer insane.
4. A participant can enter multiple times by increasing his/her RSVP to add multiple "guests" and paying $5 for himself/herself and for each guest. Winnings will be split among participants in proportion to the amount invested by each participant. For example, if player A contributes $5, player B contributes $10 and player C contributes $15, and the total win is $3,000,000, player A would receive $500,000, player B would receive $1,000,000 and player C would receive $1,500,000.
5. A win will be distributed among participants only if it exceeds $500 in the aggregate. Smaller wins will be reinvested in the next drawing, with pdfs displaying lottery tickets and numbers emailed to participants as indicated above. For redraws, the organizer may opt to buy tickets in the California Lottery if the payout is larger.
6. Any win will be paid pursuant to the "cash payment" option. Each participant is responsible for his/her own income taxes and/or other assessments.
7. Participants need not be vegan to win!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/ocvegandrinks/calendar/12771254/