The fair will be at the atrium of the building. Our group will have a section with couches and small tables and will be on the left-hand side of the atrium with a post "reserved" signs.
If you arrive little later you can always call me at[masked]
American University Project Nur will host a spectacular cultural fair for the benefit of Syrian Refugees. 100% of the ticket proceeds will to to the International Rescue Committee's Syrian aid efforts. Their programs remedy a variety of issues confronting Syrian refugees in the surrounding nations (more info at www.rescue.org/crisis-syria). We will fundraise via a fabulous event that showcases the cultural diversity of the Muslim world.
- Dances by The Silk Road Dance Company, who recently performed at the Smithsonian Museum! More info at www.silkroaddance.com.
- Calligrapher Josh Berer, who will be painting attendees' names in in Arabic (everyone who attends can take home a beautiful, personalized work of art!) To see his work, visit http://joshberer.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/roads-of-arabia-calligraphy-show/)
- Appetizers from Ethiopia, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and other regions
- Henna painting
- the South Asian Student Association Banghra Dance team
- More song and dance performances from various student groups and American University faculty members
When: Friday, April 12, from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Tickets are only $5, and can be purchased at culturalfairprojectnur.eventbrite.com or paid for in cash at the door.
Where: American University School of International Service Atrium (the common area after you enter the building)
Directions to the School of International Service on the American University campus can be found at: www.american.edu/sis/about/directions.cfm
This building has its own parking garage, located beneath the building. Access to the garage can only be gained by turning right into the entrance off Nebraska Avenue.
(There are plenty of places to sit in the Atrium, and there will be reserved seating for meetup group guests. I will try to obtain as many chairs and tables as I can specifically for the group, though I can't guarantee them for everyone. So the sooner you RSVP, the sooner I can secure your seat at the table!)
Any further questions can be directed to Izzi at [masked].
There will be reserved seats for our group but call me if you couldn't find us