Anthony Robbins DC Powerteam! Message Board › new year, new you or same old you?

new year, new you or same old you?

Oscar
user 3965884
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Hi everyone, as we get closer to the end of the year I want to remind you that the end of the month, the end of year and any other "dates" are pure consensus and are just useful markers to check on progress.  We currently use the gregorian calendar, but that is neither the only one nor the most accurate  (the chinese and jewish are also well known and used).

That is very exciting to me for 2 specific reasons.  One, you can choose when to create new resolutions, even if its on a weekly basis.

Here are 2 specific recommendations for you:
Choose clear and specific projects/outcomes to work on.
Measure your progress towards this outcome on as often as you can. (put this action step in your                  daytimer or smart phone).  This is one of the most successful ways to loose weight, stop smoking
or even become a better lover.

On Tuesday, I will be teaching a class on how to flirt and I picked this date because many people choose to end relationships, start new relationships or RECOMMIT to their current relationship at this time of the year.  One of the concepts I will be touching on is the duality of a relationship.  It takes both what you give to the other and what you feel about yourself.

I wanted to expand on that duality on this note to you because you are very important to me.  Currently, my schedule is busier because of the results my clients are getting.  I usually work on both of those aspects.  Why the person wants to achieve this goal is usually driven by an internal reason and an external reason.
What I want you to do is ask yourself:  Why am I choosing to ________?
example:  Why am I choosing to manage my weight?
After you have the question, answer it from 2 points of view as follows:
internal: I will feel better
external:  I will be able to play with my kids

There seems to be a magic switch that is activated in your energy when you use this approach.  I think its because part of you is "all about me" and part of you is "all about them".  When we take care of both of those needs, you become more creative and with a deeper reserve of energy so that when the crap hits, you don't let the stink of it bother you as much.

If you'd like some personal input on your answers send me a note and we can explore that further.

If you'd like someone to hold you accountable, send me one of your outcomes in the above format and I will do that for you.

Please plan on joining us the first week on January for our next meet up!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to each of you.

Oscar

(703) 672-1669

face book:  Discovering Knowl

As your hypnotist I guide your unconscious mind to discover the root cause of your problems and help it transform those problems into the steps to your success.  Your satisfaction guaranteed.  Ask me for details.
"Many people die with their music still in them.  Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live."   --  Oliver Wendell Holmes