addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Anthony Robbins DC Powerteam! Message Board › How to stay on Track-Part 2

How to stay on Track-Part 2

A former member
Post #: 21
“To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past Your histoiy is not your destiny.”
— Alan Cohen

Leaders need to realize that, in the long term, the most important question for a company is not what you are but what you are becoming.. creating a constituency for the future, for what could be.

Have one eye on where we are and another eye on where things will be. The innovator is able to build a path between the two!

Ruts are the opponent of innovation.
At first you do what you know.
But, the more you do what you know, you will discover additional “worthy” things, “innovative”
things that you know you should do.
At this point is a pivot decision!

if you know what you should do but continue to do what you have always done, you are in a nit But if you know what you should do and then do what you know you should do, you are leading and growing.
(8) Capture What You Learn.

The #1 lime Waster is looking for things that are lost—so you have to have a system . ex. Reading a book, he files things from a book — ___________
(9) Reflect on What You Learn.

Reflection turns Experience into Insight

Experience is the Best Teacher.
(10) Pass onto others What
You Learn.

A Learner Builds a Reservoir of Learning.

A Leader Builds a Reservoir of Learning and then

Becomes a River of Learning to Others. We Learn:10% _______ of what we read

20%________ 20% of what we hear

_______30% _ of what we see

______50% _ of what we see and hear 70% ________ of what we discuss with others 80% ________ of what we experience personally

95% of what we teach to someone else

— William Glasser
2. Am I Genuinely Interested In Others? This is a motive question.

“A man always has two reasons for doing anything — a good reason and the real reason”
— J. P Morgan

Manipulation — Moving peoplefor personal benefit. Motivation — Moving people for _mutual benefit.

Questioning your motive is different than questioning your character. Motives are usually attached to specific situations and are often short in duration. Character, however, is connected to the heart, and is with you in all situations. Therefore, you can have a temporarily flawed motive and still a solid character. But if the character is solid, wrong motives will soon be corrected.

Mature leaders place what’s best for others above themselves.

Leaders see before ., _________________ others see and leaders see more than others see.

Since leaders “Figure it out First” they can take advantage of others.

3 Questions Everybody Asks of a Leader
(1) Can you help me?
(2) Do you care about me?
(3) Can I trust you?
3. Am I Doing What I Love and Loving What I Do?
This is a question.

“if you love what you do, you will never
work another day/n your life.
— Michael Nolan

“Find a passion and follow it” is all the career advice you’ll ever need.

Pass/on Points

(1) You will never fulfill your doing work you

(2) Passion gives you an _advantaqge________________ over others.

One person with passion is greater than ninety-nine who only have an interest!

You are nothing unless it comes from your heart. Passion, caring, really looking to create excellence. If you perform functions only and go to work only to do processes, then you are effectively retired. And it scares me — most people I see, by age 28, are retired...

If you go to work only to fulfill the processes and functions then you are a machine. You have to bring passion, commitment, and caring — then you are a human being.

(3) Passion gives you Energy

Passion ailows you to put everything you’ve got into everything you do.
Note: Integrity will slowly be lost if you continually do things you dislike.

4. Am I Investing My Time With the Right People?
This is a relationship question.

Winning With People thesis: “Most people can trace their

successes and failures to the relationships in their lives.”

A Picture of the Right People

(1) Mutual attraction

“Friendship is born at the moment one
person says to another, ‘Vt/hat, you too?
I thought I was the only one.

— C. S. Lewis

(2) A passion for growth

“Your best friend is the one who brings
out the best with/n you.”

— Henry Ford

(3) A person’s potential –what is their potential

The Capacity Questions: Can they? Deal with ability

Will they? Do they have the attitude to do this?
5. Am I Staying in My Strength Zone?