ArtForward Message Board › New painting/reception/by Robin Dann

New painting/reception/by Robin Dann

Robin G.
user 3440502
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 112
This year I'm showing one of my best paintings, "Gumby Venus/Lascaux Girl" in my class show in the Art Students League Gallery. The Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery is on the 2nd floor of the Art Students League, 215 W. 57th Street, between 7th Avenue and Broadway. The show will be up between Friday, April 29th and Friday, May 3. The reception will be held on Thursday, May 2nd from 5:30 to 8:30.

I will be out of town during this exhibit, but feel free to stop by to enjoy the show and some refreshments. The paintings will be hung salon-style and unmarked, but Gumby Venus will definitely stand out. It is a large painting (4' x 4') of a stone-age Gumby standing ins front of a wall inside the Lascaux cave.
http://www.google.com...­

More info about the gallery:
Exhibitions at the League are free and open to the public. Exhibitions are a vital part of the Art Students League of New York, showcasing the work of our talented students, instructors, other artists, and works from the League’s permanent collection. From January through May, the gallery features student work in weekly Concours shows.

Main exhibitions are held in the Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery (found on the second floor of our landmark building at 215 West 57th Street).. Thematic exhibitions drawing on works from the permanent collection are often showcased in the League’s office and lobby.

Gallery Hours are:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Open only until 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays January through May)
The gallery is open Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from September through December. From January through August, the gallery is closed Sundays.

For more information call 212-247-4510, ext. 101 or e-mail info@artstudentsleague.org