|Sent on:||Sunday, January 8, 2012 5:11 PM|
I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Here are some arts tidbits for winter 2012:
- On Thursday Letelier Theater in Georgetown is showing The Illusionist, an animated French film that is supposed to be wonderful.
- I've done my own Top Ten Films of 2012 (with some runners-up) on my blog. Please take a look and add some comments on films that you liked.
- Definitely check out the Film Neu German Film Festival Jan. 20-26 at Landmark E Street. We have two events for that, but many of the films look good. There's a Swiss horror flick with a free reception that you might want to see.
- National Geographic Events is a site to keep your eye on. They just posted tickets for the VERY popular Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. Even at $20 a ticket, it will be all sold out in no time. They have many free jazz concerts on Thursday nights and it looks like they will be doing the Global Gilmpses again Feb. 17-19. That's when they show all 5 Oscar-nominated foreign films with a free reception for each. The ArtHouse did them all last year and I'm still getting over it! Hopefully, this year will be a bit lighter.
- We saw The Religion Thing at Theatre J on Wednesday and most everyone enjoyed it. I saw Time Stands Still at Studio Theatre on Thursday and highly recommend that as well. Holly Twyford stars and she is one of the city's leading actresses.
- We'll try some new events this year. My friend Brian who we saw play swing and blues at Hill Country BBQ will be doing a swing dance concert at the Clarendon Ballroom on Feb. 7. Look for a posting. We tried a 9 singer showcase at Iota last year and had a blast. Another one comes up on Jan. 24, so look for that.
- And mark your calendar for March 13-25 for the Environmental Film Festival, one of the best film festivals of the year.
- I look forward to seeing some of you today at the National Gallery for Waiting for Godot.
- I hope you stay active with the group and come on out. No matter the size, we seem to always have a very nice and diverse group of people at our events. That's what I'm most proud of.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Ronn ([address removed]) from the ArtHouse.
To learn more about Ronn, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]