Summit the ultimate trekkers peak with
Accomplished by the adventurous and those who dare, we will lead you every step of the way; climbing the highest, non-technical mountain on the planet. This is the pinnacle of novice-intermediate mountaineering challenges around; rewarded with unrivalled views of the 5 (out of 6)highest mountains on the planet including Mt Everest.
Achieve something incredible in 2014
We require all undertaking this expedition to be at a good level of fitness. We advise regular cardio-vascular training such as running, cycling and some gym work. Previous winter trekking would also be useful but not necessary.
We can provide expedition training throughout the UK. Contact us for further details.
*Discounts available for those booked on major expeditions with Ascent Mountaineering.
A great introduction to high altitude mountaineering. Mixed snow and ice conditions that will require ice axe and crampon use. Previous experience would be useful, but not necessary;there will be plenty of opportunity to gain proficiency on the Mera Glacier during the expedition.
Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02 - Preparation day in Kathmandu
Day 03 - Fly to Lukla (2800m.) and Trek to Chhutenga (3450m)
Day 04 - Trek to Khark Tang (3750m)
Day 05 - Trek to Chhetra Thu (4350m)
Day 06 - Trek to Khothey (3600m)
Day 07 - Trek to Tagnak (4350m)
Day 08 - Rest day in Tagnak (4350m)
Day 09 - Trek to Khare (4900m)
Day 10 - Trek to Mera peak Base Camp (5350m)
Day 11 - High Camp (5750m)
Day 12 - Summit (6476m) and back to Khare
Day 13 - Trek to Khothey
Day 14 - Trek to Chhetra La
Day 15 - Trek to Lukla
Day 16 - Fly to Kathmandu
Day 17 - Kathmandu
Day 18 - Departure for Home
This 18 day itinerary costs £2,395 per person travelling. A non-refundable deposit of £239.50 is required to seal your space.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Welcome dinner.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (4 nights bed and breakfast).
- Domestic return flight to and from Lukla.
- Domestic airport tax.
- Main meals on the trek (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
- Climbing permits.
- National park fee.
- A professional British mountain & expedition leader.
- Professional expedition photography.
- Experienced local climbing guide & team leader.
- Teams cards.
- Local support staff from Lukla.
- Tent and camping charges.
- Food, cooking kit & gas.
- Emergency oxygen supply.
- International flights & taxes.
- UK transfers.
- Meals in Kathmandu, except welcome dinner (beverages and alcoholic drinks not included).
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek.
- Personal climbing equipment & clothing.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance.
- Charges for any additional services.
Take a leap out of the office and into the wild;
meet incredible like minded people, pick up new skills, take yourself out of your comfort zone, learn something new about yourself and travel the wild wide world with Ascent Mountaineering.
Need a break from the norm?
Need we say more?
"We're with you every step of the way..."
Click here to preview photography from previous expeditions on our official facebook page.
Feel free to contact us for further details.
*Many spaces on this expedition have already been filled from external sources. Please contact us prior to booking.