Jul 13, 2013 · 10:00 AM
We will meet at the INGLES on Long Shoals Road at 10am. Do our introductions, arrange the carpooling, and then depart at 10:15am. I'm not sure how this is exactly going to work out with the 2 different tubing "packages", but I figure those that want to do the same package should at least be in the same car pool gang. You can choose the long or short package when you get to the halfway point, last time we all did the short trip. Hey, we will figure it out as we go, OK ? Please remember to compensate the carpooling drivers for gas money. Also, you might want to bring a lunch/snacks and some drinks, but they also sell food there.
3 Mile Trip:
- Approx. trip length: 2 - 2.5 hours
- Tube Cost - $9.00 each
6 Mile Trip:
- Approx. trip length: 4.5 - 5 hours
- Tube cost - $14.00 each
***GROUP RATE DISCOUNT IS $1 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE***
We (GRCT) provide free shuttle buses to carry you up the river where you begin your journey. You tube back down the river at your own pace. You can ride the rapids as many times as you please. At the end of your journey our free shuttle buses carry you back to your vehicle. Tubing is a popular past time for river fun and relaxation, but it is not without hazards. Though it appears as if “anyone” can do it, tubing is recommended only for people who are able to swim. Children should wear life vest at all times. The minimum age for children to participate is five years old. Green River is NOT considered a "Lazy River". It takes no special skill to drift on a tube down the river’s current, however, while on the river you are responsible for your personal safety and the safety of your children.
Google Maps Location of Green River Cove Tubing
>>> Direction from INGLES to GRCT <<<
What to Bring:
1. Life Jackets (we do not provide them), we recommend that everyone wear a life jacket on the river especially children and non swimmers. Please bring your life jackets with you.
2. Swim wear, a bathing suit or shorts.
3. Sneakers or river sandals to protect your feet from the rocks.
4. Towels and a dry change of clothes to leave in your vehicle. We will keep your car keys for you at our store.
5. Sun protection is recommended. Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, shirts, etc..
What happens if it rains ?
We go Tubing rain or shine !!!