|Sent on:||Monday, April 29, 2013 4:54 PM|
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, SINCE IT IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY!
Recent AHG meetups have suggested that there is a lot of interest in learning about local wildflowers and plants, so I am sending this to everyone in the Asheville Hiking Group. This is my annual message reminding you of the Wildflower Pilgrimage at UNCA this weekend, which is the 41st time it's happening. I've been going for the past 7 years, and have learned a lot about wildflowers. (I realize that a lot of you are going to the 5th anniversary party on Saturday, but you might be able to make a hike on Sunday.)
Here are the essentials about the 41st Annual UNCA Spring Bird and Wildflower Pilgrimage:
1. Cost: $5 for the entire weekend.
2. You must register between 6:30 - 7:30 pm on Friday, May 3 in the UNCA Robinson Hall lobby.
3. None of us AHG organizers will be leading any hikes; they are all short (1-2 miles or less) and are led by local botanists or naturalists. The focus is on identifying wildflowers, plants, and birds.
4. You sign up for these hikes at the same time and place as registration on Friday evening.
5. There are two evening programs on Friday and Saturday evenings which are included in the cost.
For more information: http://biology.unca.edu/wildflower-pilgrimage